본문 바로가기 대메뉴 바로가기

UST Admission

FAQ INNOVATING THE FUTURE, LEADING THE WORLD

FAQ

게시물 검색
Q Although I took the test during the application period, can I apply for the foreign language grades announced after the application deadline?
A You can submit your application even if you do not meet the official English Test score standard.

Please refer to the admission guideline for details.
Q What is the Supplemental Documents Submission period?
A - UST notifies students individually about which supplementary documents they must submit via e-mail and posts a relevant notice on the UST admissions website

- Those who are required to submit supplementary documents must do within the given timeline

- Applicants must correctly enter their email addresses because supplementary document information will be delivered via e-mail. Applicants are responsible for the consequences of entering their e-mail address incorrectly or not checking their email frequently enough

- Application information and submitted documents cannot be revised over the supplementary document submission period
Q What is the difference between TEPS and New TEPS?
A As of May 12, 2018, the TEPS test has changed the format and score system.
As a result, the TEPS for UST application was changed to 630 for TEPS scores obtained before May 12, 2018 and 342 for TEPS scores obtained after May 12, 2018.
Those with TEPS scores should check and apply.
Q When and how are the advisors selected?
A UST does not select the desired advisor when applying for admission, but selects the preferred advisor when registering for admission after the announcement of the final candidate.

On the basis of the list of desired advisors selected by the enrollee at the time of enrollment, the advisor is finally determined through a faculty meeting and a faculty-student consultation process.
Q I want to fulfill all my credit requirements early. Do I still need to make tuition payments after fulfilling all my credit requirements?
A Students who completed coursework and want to continue education/research at UST campuses must enroll the Post-Coursework Enrollment every semester . Guidance will be provided if the Post-Courework Tuition Fee is set to be charged.
Q If I am admitted under the combined program, do I automatically receive a doctoral degree?
A Students who have been admitted under the integrative course must take and pass the Ph.D. Qualification Examination enrolled in their 3rd or 4th semester. After that, they must fulfill the conferral of the doctoral degree.
Q [Graduation] I am currently enrolled in the master's program. I chose the oral thesis evaluation over the comprehensive exam. However, I was unable to complete my thesis and would like to attend one more semester. In this case, what happens with the comprehensive exam?
A In case the student chooses the oral thesis evaluation over the comprehensive exam, and passes the thesis screening and evaluation, the student is automatically considered as passing the comprehensive exam. However, if the student does not pass the thesis evaluation or does not complete the thesis evaluation, they will not be considered as passing the comprehensive exam. The student must take the exam and submit the relevant documents again the following semester.
Q [Graduation] On the integrated information system, my thesis publication requirements under degree requirements is indicated as '△.' What does this mean?On the integrated information system, my thesis publication requirements under degree requirements is indicated as '△.' What does this mean?
A This will change to 'O' only after the school verifies the registered research performance.
Q [Tuition] What happens if I cannot make tuition payments within the designated period?
A Students who are unable to pay their tuition within the designated period without special reason will be expelled based on UST school regulations.
Q [Tuition] How much is tuition?
A Tuition is 2,500,000 won per semester.